In my personal experience, I’ve come to realise that just about every aspect of your life improves when you begin to eat more vegetables. Not only are vegetables usually low in energy (calories) and super filling, they also offer a myriad of nutrients including micronutrients and fibre.
If you’re one of those people that loves to have giant salads and green smoothies for every meal, you might find it easy to eat plenty of vegetables. But you are definitely the minority. Although there are a number of delicious vegetable types (sweet potato omg), they’re rarely people’s favourite thing to eat.
One handy trick I’ve discovered for eating more vegetables is “sneaky veggies.” Sneaky veggies is the act of sneaking vegetables into a meal that can’t be detected. Grated carrot, zucchini puree, mashed pumpkin – there’s plenty of ways to sneak vegetables into all your meals, even breakfast!
1. Veggie-loaded Breakfast Casserole
Click image for recipe
2. Sweet Potato Toast
3. Easy Breakfast Roll-Ups
4. Baked Oatmeal Muffins
5. Brussels Sprouts Breakfast Hash
6. Brownie Batter Chocolate Zucchini Oatmeal
7. Sweet Potato Crusted Quiche
8. Egg Muffins with Sausage, Spinach, and Cheese
9. Stuffed Breakfast Peppers
10. Banana Zucchini Oatmeal Cups
11. Creamy and Crunchy Green Smoothie Bowl
12. Slow Cooker Vegetable Frittata
13. Paleo Sweet Potato Waffle Sandwich
14. Carrot Oat Cakes
15. Stuffed Breakfast Tomatoes
16. Zucchini Chocolate Oatmeal Balls
17. Pumpkin Cinnamon No-oats
Let’s chat below! What’s your favourite way to sneak some extra nutrition into breakfast?