It certainly is the most wonderful time of the year. It’s a time of family, presents, relaxation and food. Allllllll of the food. No matter how hard you try to not overbuy, there’s always a tonne of Christmas leftovers to deal with on Boxing day. But of course, you don’t want to let it go to waste!
The best place to start is to freeze everything you can. Many cakes and desserts freeze extremely well. Plus, getting them out of the fridge will make it easier not to give into temptation for the following week. Shredded chicken and turkey can be frozen to be put into a dish at a later date. Mash potato and sweet potato can also be portioned and put in the freezer.
Luckily for kitchen creatives like ourselves, many elements of Christmas lunch can actually be used in healthy meal prep recipes. From roast vegetables to lean meats to leftover salad greens, there are endless ways to reuse Christmas leftovers.
Read on to learn 17 different ways to use Christmas leftovers for meal prep.
1. Turkey, Carrot & Parsnip Quiche
2. Leftover Mashed Potato Cakes
3. Turkey and Cranberry Quesadillas
4. White Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
5. Leftover Ham Mac and Cheese
6. Turkey Thai Curry
7. Cheese and Turkey Enchiladas
8. Ham and Cheese Quiche
9. Leftover Cranberry Sauce Muffins
10. Turkey Chili
11. Sweet Potato Scones
12. Leftover Vegetable Shakshuka
13. Turkey Casserole
14. Creamy Cranberry Oatmeal
15. Leftover Turkey Ramen
16. Cauliflower Fried Rice with Ham
17. Roast Vegetable and Quinoa Salad
Let’s chat below! What’s your favourite Christmas food? How do you handle holiday leftovers?